1) The main character of my book was Mark Sway.
2) Mark Sway is a bad little eleven year old boy with a huge burden on his hands. Mark smokes ciggaretes, uses foul language, and picks on his little brother, Ricky. Mark grew up in a trailer, with an abusive father, a mother who is hardly around, and his little brother Ricky who annoys him plenty. Mark was a very strong character who did not take anything from anyone! The trouble Mark ran into with Jerome Clifford only made him stronger. All he cared about was protecting his little brother, and his mother. Jerome Clifford was a heavy set man, who was trying to commit suicide, because of a dangerous secret he knew. Mark and his younger brother Ricky, stumbled upon Jerome one day, as he was trying to commit suicide. Jerome revealed the dangerous secret to Mark, which made Mark a major target of the mafia. Mark was pushed around and overlooked, but as soon as people found out Mark knew this dangerous secret, they all wanted a piece of him. Mark knew he was in trouble so he did t! he only thing he knew possible, which was get a lawyer. The lawyers' name was Reggie Love, a woman. Mark despised Reggie at first, knowing that a woman was not capable of fullfilling his needs, like a man could. Then something happened where Reggie grew on him, he got more used too her, and he found himself telling her personal things, spending tons of time with her, and starting to care for her. She was like the mother figure he never had. Mark and Reggie were in the tangle of mess together. Mark realized through the whole ordeal he could not do everything by himself, he also realized how vulnerable he was by being independent. Mark and Reggie became bestest friends, right up to the point where he would have to leave into the witness protection program.
3) I liked the way Mark was so rowdy, and uncontrollable. He was so young, yet so smart and mature. He knew how to protect himself, and he knew the importance of his family members and friends, and how important it was too protect them. No matter what the mafia did to Mark, he made sure his family was safe first, than he took care of himself.
4) I could not really find anything I did not like about Mark, I did not like at the end how he had to relocate into the witness protection program. Which meant he would no longer be allowed to see or communicate with his new found friend, Reggie. It really hurt me when they had to seperate, because even though they were not related, it was like she was losing her son, and he was losing his mother. It was a difficult moment for both of them, I am sure.
5) I would compare myself to Reggie Love. She is a very intelligent lawyer, who uses her smarts too outwit even the brainiest. She cares very much for her clients, especially Mark. She was very willing to give up her own life to help Mark out, because he meant so much too her. That is exactly how I am, my friends and family mean the world too me, and I would give anything to help them out! I am different in the way that I do not think I would have had all the courage and strength she did throughout the book. I mean, I just highly doubt I would have been able to hang on for that long.
6) The main plot of the book is about a eleven year old boy named Mark Sway, who uncovers a deathly secret about the mafia. He confides everything into his female lawyer, Reggie love. Together they work to uncover the full truth, and put the bad guys away, permanently.
7) The two opposing forces are good vs. evil. Mark is trying to do the right thing, which is protect his family by concealing the dark secret, and the mafia is trying to kill him for knowing the secret, which could incriminate them if he let it out.